Instagram’s Collab feature is live and ready to use. But it can be hard to figure out how to make it work for you. In this post, we’ll explain how to use Collabs on Instagram, how to set up a Collab with someone else, and what exactly Collabs are used for. Let’s get started!
- 1 How to use Instagram’s Collab feature
- 1.1 What is a Collab?
- 1.2 What is a Collab on Instagram?
- 1.3 How do you start a collab on IG?
- 1.4 How to go live with someone on Instagram
- 1.5 How to send feedback on Live posts
- 1.6 How to go Live with someone you follow on Instagram
How to use Instagram’s Collab feature
If you’re not familiar with the new Instagram feature, Collab allows users to collaborate on posts by building their own collage of images that they then share with the world. The photos are then arranged into an artistic composition by another user (or multiple users) that also has access to your account. If you’re curious about what this might look like in practice, check out some examples below:
In this post, we’ll explain how to use Collabs on Instagram, how to set up a Collab with someone else, and what exactly Collabs are used for. Let’s get started!
What is a Collab?
A Collab is when two or more Instagrammers agree to collaborate on a post. The idea behind this post is that it will feature content from each person’s account in order to promote both accounts together. You can also use Instagram’s Live feature to go live with another influencer and watch their broadcast together!
What is a Collab on Instagram?
Instagram’s Collab feature is a way to connect with other people on the platform. It allows you and your friends or followers to go live together, which is an excellent way to get more followers and engagement (and views too!).
How does it work? It’s easy! Just follow these steps:
- Make sure both people have the same account as you do (for example, if one person has an Instagram account with username “username”, then they should also use “username”. If not then that person will be unable to communicate with you). The more similar accounts there are between collaborators, the better they can interact seamlessly during their collaboration session.
- Decide what type of content will be shared during your collab session – this could range from shots taken by yourself or others who also appear in your feed; funny memes created by yourself or others who also appear in your feed; live video clips shot by other users who have been invited onto yours; etcetera…
Why is this feature beneficial?
- Collaboration is a great way to build your audience.
- Collaboration is a great way to build your brand.
- Collaboration is a great way to build your personal brand.
This feature is very simple to use, and can help you grow your reach faster than a regular hashtag or caption. In the Instagram app, click the paper airplane (inverse arrow button) in the top right corner to go to your direct messages section. There, click on the “New Message” icon and select a friend you want to collaborate with. Click on their name and then click on the plus (+) icon at the bottom of your screen.
How do you start a collab on IG?
- Click on the person you want to collab with
- Click on the collab icon
- Select the number of minutes you want to collaborate for (however long it is)
- Click on “collab” button
How to go live with someone on Instagram
To go live with someone on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the camera icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on “New Story” at the bottom of your screen where it says “Instagram New Story.”
- Scroll through your feed until you find a person or people that you’d like to go live with, and then tap them (they may be tagged in numerous posts).
You can also use this feature to celebrate special occasions by going live with friends and family members!
Collaborating can lead to great opportunities and exchanges
Collaborating can lead to great opportunities and exchanges. Collaborating with other people on Instagram has many benefits, including:
- New ideas. By collaborating with others, you’re likely to discover new ways of doing things that may help your business or brand in some way. For example, a photographer may post an image taken by another person at their wedding; this could inspire someone else who hasn’t had the opportunity yet! Or maybe someone has a unique perspective about something relevant for your company—maybe they have an idea for how it could be improved? These types of interactions are always fun because they bring out new perspectives from different people who share common interests (or even just like each other).
How to participate in another IG influencer’s Live broadcast
You can participate in another influencer’s Live broadcast by tagging their handle in the comments. This will make it easier for them to see who has tagged them, and they’ll be able to comment on your post as well!
You can also go Live with the person, or ask questions about how they do things on Instagram. If you get an answer from them, tag it “Live” so that others can see what’s happening and watch along with you!
If you have any feedback about a particular photo or video (or even just want to send some encouragement), feel free to leave it for all of us! Just remember: no puns allowed—we’re here for serious business only.
How to send feedback on Live posts
You can send feedback to the creator of the post, as well as the creator of the video.
In order for this to happen, you’ll need to go into your Instagram app on mobile or desktop, head over to your profile page and click “Feedback” in the bottom right corner. Once there, select either a video or post from which you want to send feedback:
- If it’s a photo (post), click “Send” next to their name; if it’s an edited video (post), click “Post Comment” instead; and if both are available at once (post + video), just choose one! The system will ask if they’re okay with receiving comments from strangers before proceeding further – just say yes so they know what they’re doing here!
How to go Live with someone you follow on Instagram
To go live with someone, follow them on Instagram and then click on the “Live” button in their profile. Once you’re there, click on the “Start Live Video” button to start your broadcast with that person. The person you are going live with will receive a notification about this event so they can tune in and watch along!
If there are other people who want to join in on your broadcast:
- Go back into the list of people who have been added as favorites or followed by others (this is how we find out if someone has added us as a favorite or followed us). If they haven’t yet been added, select “Add Friend” from their profile page; enter their name into its search bar; choose whether or not they should be notified when this particular channel goes live (only available if “Friends Only” isn’t selected); then hit save changes when finished entering all these details
How to go Live with multiple people at once on Instagram
You can invite up to 10 people to go live with you at once.
To invite people:
- Navigate to your profile page, tap on the profile icon in the top-right corner of your screen then choose “Go Live” from the menu that appears.
- On this screen, select who you’d like to invite. You’ll see a list of names below this section (if there are more than 10 people who have been added as collaborators). Tap on any name so that it turns blue and show as linked next to their name for easy access later if needed when adding them back into this same process again later still! If no one has been added yet but would like them all added now so they’re ready when we start recording/live streaming our video blog post series then instead just click on “Add all collaborators” button down below once again after choosing which ones meant most important during brainstorming sessions earlier today before coming home tonight myself only thinking about how much fun could be had by creating something new together tomorrow morning while watching TV all night long tomorrow evening until bedtime comes around again tomorrow evening…
Collaboration is made easy thanks to the new Collab feature.
The new Collab feature makes it easier to collaborate with other influencers.
Collaborating with other Instagrammers is one of the best ways to grow your following and get exposure on the platform. If you’re looking for ways to do this, then look no further than the new collaboration feature!
As you can see, Instagram’s new Collab feature is a great way to connect with people in your niche and collaborate on projects. It also makes it easier for people you follow on Instagram to find other influencers who will help them grow their audience.