If you’re an ecommerce store owner, then you know that the best way to market your business is through the power of search engine optimization (SEO). The fact is that even if your site isn’t performing well in terms of sales volume or conversion rate—or even if it’s not ranked highly on search engines—it can still benefit from SEO. This means taking advantage of all the ways in which people find products online and promoting them effectively so that people who are looking for a particular product will find yours first!
- 1 Use the Power of Search Engine Marketing to Drive Sales
- 1.1 Here are some ways you can use SEO:
- 1.2 Invest in Re-targeted Ads to Increase Sales and Conversions
- 1.3 Improve and Maintain Your Brand Reputation with Ratings and Reviews
- 1.4 Engage Customers with Email and Content Marketing
- 1.5 Make the Most of Social Media Marketing to Promote Ecommerce Products
- 1.6 Affiliate Marketing Works – Here’s How to Do It Right
- 2 Use Coupons and Discounts Wisely to Boost Ecommerce Sales
Use the Power of Search Engine Marketing to Drive Sales
The most important thing to remember is that search engine optimization (SEO) is a process, not an event. You’ll want to keep your SEO efforts up-to-date as often as possible, and you should always be on the lookout for new opportunities for growth.
Here are some ways you can use SEO:
- Optimize your store with keywords. If someone types “coffee mugs” into Google, what are the top results? You’d probably expect something from Amazon or Wal-Mart or maybe even Etsy! But how about one from the local coffee shop down the street? That’s where we come in: let us help get your brand front and center in front of potential customers who need exactly what they’re looking for when they search online. Our team will research relevant topics like “coffee mug,” “mugs,” etc., then create posts that contain both high-quality content as well as specific keyword phrases known as relevant longtail phrases (RLPs). This means we’ll write articles that rank highly on those terms while also providing valuable insight into why people should buy our product compared to others out there today.”
Invest in Re-targeted Ads to Increase Sales and Conversions
Re-targeting ads are one of the most effective forms of online marketing. They are ads that are shown to people who have visited your website or app in the past, and they can be shown across a number of different platforms including Google Search, Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads.
Re-targeting works because you can track whether or not an ad has been clicked on by someone who previously visited your site before. This means that as soon as someone clicks on an ad from one platform (e.g., Facebook), it will also be shown on other platforms such as Instagram so that if someone does not like what they see there either then they can click through again onto another page where perhaps something else catches their attention instead!
Improve and Maintain Your Brand Reputation with Ratings and Reviews
Reviews are a great way to improve your reputation and increase sales. Customers are more likely to buy from you if they see positive reviews on social media platforms, so it’s important that you have a review management system in place.
You can use this system as part of your overall marketing strategy by encouraging customers who haven’t left reviews yet (and there are many!) or even asking them not only what they thought but also how they would improve themselves or the business in general. This will allow you to improve both your brand image and product quality while also increasing sales through word-of-mouth marketing!
Engage Customers with Email and Content Marketing
Email marketing is a great way to keep in touch with customers, but it can be time-consuming and expensive. Fortunately, there are plenty of affordable email service providers (ESPs) that provide powerful features at low costs.
- MailChimp: This ESP offers unlimited subscribers and has a free plan that gives you access to the tools you need for effective emails. You can also use their paid plans if you want more advanced features like split testing or social media integration.
Make the Most of Social Media Marketing to Promote Ecommerce Products
Social media is a great way to promote your ecommerce store. You can use social media to create brand awareness, build relationships with customers, get customer feedback and more.
Here are some ways you can use social media:
- Create content that people want to read or watch on their feeds (posts)
- Promote new products or services you offer
- Share other people’s content that relates to the product/service you sell
Affiliate Marketing Works – Here’s How to Do It Right
Affiliate marketing is a form of advertising that allows you to earn commissions by promoting other people’s products.
Affiliate marketing works because it’s a win-win situation: You get paid for recommending a product, while your audience can learn about the product and make their buying decisions based on what they see in your site.
To do affiliate marketing right, it’s important to choose the right program (and products) and promote them effectively. Here are some tips:
Use Coupons and Discounts Wisely to Boost Ecommerce Sales
Coupons and discounts are an excellent way to boost the sales of your ecommerce store. They can also be used as a way to generate new customers, reviews and social media engagement.
- If you have a large inventory of products, coupons can help you reach out to more people in your audience. For example: if you’re selling clothes for men and women, consider offering different types of discounts based on gender (e.g., $10 off each item). This will ensure that everyone who sees it gets something out of it!
- While coupons are great at spreading the word about what kind of deals they offer (and how many), discounts do not need any explanation—they’re just plain good! A good rule of thumb when determining whether or not something should be offered as a discount is whether or not there’s enough money being spent by average users/buyers so that even though they’re paying less than usual/expected costs per unit price(s), someone else would still want them badly enough even though they’ve already paid full price before this point?
Embrace Influencer Marketing to Reach Buyers Where They Hang Out Online
Influencer marketing is a great way to reach new customers. It’s also an easy way to connect with an influencer and their audience, which can help you, spread the word about your business.
Influencers are people who have a large following on social media platforms, such as Twitter or Instagram. They share content that is interesting, unique and useful for their followers. For example: if someone posts about how much they love running shoes then maybe you could use this same post as part of your own content strategy!
You can find influencers on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter; niche websites like Elite Daily (an online magazine), niche forums like Reddit/Hacker News/DZone etc.; other sites like YouTube Channels (people who make videos)
Don’t Underestimate the Power of Traditional Offline Strategies
Traditional offline strategies are still effective, and can be used in conjunction with other marketing strategies. They can also help you create a brand presence that resonates with customers, build trust with them, and build brand awareness.
A good example of this is when you join the local Chamber of Commerce or Chamber of Retailers (if there is one in your area). This gives you the opportunity to meet other businesses who operate in similar industries as yours—and they’re going to want to know who they should be working with if they need something done or have questions about how things work at your company. By joining these groups together as part of your business strategy, it allows people across town or across state lines who may not know anything about what you do (or even where) know exactly where they would turn first when seeking out their next project.
Apply Best Practices for Mobile Marketing and Appear in Searches on the Go
Mobile marketing is the most effective way to reach your customers. According to a 2018 study by eMarketer, mobile devices will make up nearly half of all internet traffic in 2020—and it’s no surprise that this is true when you consider how many people use their phones for research before purchasing something online or in-person!
Mobile devices are used to purchase products like books and music on Amazon, buy tickets for concerts at Ticketmaster/Live Nation, find coupons at Groupon or LivingSocial (and then share them on social media), read reviews posted on TripAdvisor and Yelp (and leave comments), look up local businesses’ hours of operation from Google Maps’ directions feature…the list goes on!
Best practices for marketing ecommerce
Now that you have a solid understanding of the ecommerce marketing landscape, it’s time to talk about how best to market your store. Here are some strategies that can help:
- Use the power of search engine marketing (SEM) to drive sales. SEM is one of the most effective ways for ecommerce businesses to reach customers and generate leads, but it requires careful planning and execution. Make sure your website is optimized for search engines like Google and Bing so that people who enter relevant keywords will find you first when they’re looking for something like what you sell or how much it costs; this means making sure there aren’t any 404 errors on pages where those keywords appear! You should also optimize titles, descriptions, Meta tags and more specifically depending on what kind of product(s) are being sold within each page; if someone searches “cheap shoes” but doesn’t see any results then maybe those shoes aren’t really cheap after all…so try adding some info about price/quality ratio etcetera into those descriptions instead!
As you can see, there are a lot of options for how to market your ecommerce store. By implementing these ten best practices, you’ll be well on your way to growing your business and boosting sales.